Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Printing

Tried everything I know, I have a AEBS.

Samsung CLP-510
Samsung ML-2510

Both on a USB hub to the AEBS. Really getting frustrating...Both show up in the Airport Utility, every time I print I get this error msg printed from the printer:

SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete Session by time out

POSITION: oxf553ac (16077740)

SYSTEM: SPL/os_hook

LINE: 1096

VERSION: SPL-C 1.28 09-15-2004

Any help is appreciated !

MBP 2.1Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 1, 2008 8:36 AM

7 replies

May 20, 2008 10:08 AM in response to hjtexas

has anyone found a solution to this problem? i think i've got the same issue.
I just bought the Samsung ML-2510 and it's printing fine when directly connected to the macbook pro, but when connected to the AEBS, it's taking 4-8 mins to print each page. Every second or third print job gives me that same error message "SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete Session by time out"

Apple one-to-one support had no help to offer, nor did Samsung.

Aug 9, 2008 8:49 PM in response to hjtexas

I too was having problems trying to get my Samsung CLP-510 to print wirelessly from an Airport Express Base Station from two different MBPs - one using Tiger and the other using Leopard. Here are the solutions that worked flawlessly for me.

For the Tiger MBP:
1. Uninstall printer
2. Download and install latest drivers from Samsung at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?modelnm=CLP-510&mType=DR&vType=L&dispnm=CLP-510
Note: If you're not using the CLP 510, simply search for your model number in the search box. You will be directed to a page for downloading the drivers for your operating system.
3. Reinstall printer
4. Print - It worked perfectly for me after I tried everything.

For Leopard: This should work with any printer problems that occur after updating to 10.5.2. I found this solution on another discussion board and it was posted by Bill Helsabeck

1. Add Airport printer
2. Download this utility: http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/cups/contrib/FixAirportPrinter.dmg
3. Run FixAirportPrinter application
4. Double-click on printer in list (or click on printer and click on
"Fix Printer" button)

Good luck!

Oct 12, 2008 7:41 AM in response to hjtexas

FYI: I resolved this exact issue (with a Samsung CLP 310) by downgrading the main base station to firmware version 7.2.1.

To do this, log in to your main base station with the AirPort Utility, go to the "Base Station" menu, and select "Upload Firmware..."

Before this, I could only print one or two pages wirelessly about 25% of the time without error. After doing this, I've been able to print wirelessly 100% without error.

Network Printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.