Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please answer a simple question about reading lyrics on iPod Classic

Hi,

My current iPod Classic can't show the lyrics, but I was going to get a new one soon that can (my current one is what they used to call the "iPod Photo", but I am gonna get the 80GB video iPod Classic).

I'm in the process of cleaning up the lyrics in my iTunes in preparation for the new iPod and was wondering...just how many characters can go on a single line when you read the lyrics on the iPod Classic?

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me...I just want to make my lyrics look neat on the iPod screen. 🙂

Thanks very much!

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.1), Leopard installed---hear me roar!

Posted on May 5, 2008 3:32 AM

9 replies

May 7, 2008 3:52 PM in response to ChrisAshton

Not all iPods are capable of showing the lyrics, but if your's is...press the center button several times when a song is playing...album art should come up first, then the lyrics will show up. NOTE: You MUST have the lyrics entered in the lyrics window on your iTunes for the lyrics to show up on your iPod (click on the Lyrics tab on a song's Info window...that's where the lyrics go...it's no problem to find lyrics on the net...just google: lyrics - artist's name - song name).

Hope that helps! 🙂

May 7, 2008 4:32 PM in response to Mr. Eeee

Oh yeah. I just thought I'd add...

There is a great little dashboard widget out there called: "Pearl Lyrics". It's great! --When you play a song on iTunes, it searches the net for lyrics (and it almost always finds them) and then it automatically posts them in your iTunes lyrics window (as well as showing them in it's own little dashboard window). It takes maybe 10 secs. on average for it to do the whole thing. You can post the lyrics for hundreds of songs in an hour.

Message was edited by: Mr. Eeee

May 12, 2008 11:23 PM in response to Dave Stowe

Gee...I was searching around and I can't find it anymore either. 😟

I did run across a different widget that--from the description--does the same thing though. It says... "Option to save lyrics in music files is also available". So, it should do as well as Pearl Lyrics. Here is a link...

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/music/singthatitune.html

P.S. Sorry about the late reply. 😉

Please answer a simple question about reading lyrics on iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.