Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beware Rivet iPhone Headphones

Just wanted to update everyone on the Rivet iPhone Headphones that I have recommended in these forums and over at MacRumors. Also, I want to apologize upfront if this has happened to you based on my referral.

Recently, I accidently pinched the cord of the headphones in my jacket zipper of my 10 month old set and the left side stopped working...no problem, my fault and I ordered another set, 2 day Air and guess what....Never arrived!!!

Have now sent 4 emails to customer service in regards to my order...NO REPLY! Looked on every single page or the web site and NO PHONE number, nothing to contact anyone other then that email. I warned them that I would post this to let all know and still no reply.

I finally ordered a set through Amazon and they arrived in 3 days with no problems. On the package was a phone number, I called it and it has been disconnected.

*WARNING: Order from this website and company at your own risk, There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE at all and I still have not recieved my order or a refund!!! http://www.rivetnow.com/*

Sorry if I recommended a bad company, however, I still love these headphones for what its worth.

Sony VAIO VGN-A790, Windows XP, 8G iPhone, 30G Video iPod

Posted on May 6, 2008 8:38 AM

6 replies

May 6, 2008 8:59 AM in response to David Altonaga

You are right, looks like apartment complex. Goes to show that they may have gone out of business and if so, then my warning is even more advised.

To bad, I really did like that headset because it had the major things I demand in a headset: In canal, cloth cord, iPhone mic/button, most important-the lanyard style cord, and for me they had decent sound.

The really should close their site down if they can't deliver the product!

May 7, 2008 1:04 PM in response to SFC @rcher

UPDATE...After using google for about 4 hours yesterday, I finally located a working (if you want to call it that) business number. The first time I called I selected the customer service extension and no answer, same after two more calls. The fourth call I selected the operator extension who said the President was in and connected me to him...he let it go to voice mail and has not called me back. Today I called 6 times so far and no one on any extension answers...they all go to voice mail.

So email no reply, phone no reply, voice mail no reply...Highly recommend avoidance of this company if you expect any customer service...cause there is NONE! Anyone needing the number can send me an email as I don't believe I can post it here. Hope this helps some of you.

Have a great day!

May 7, 2008 2:09 PM in response to SFC @rcher

I came over from the Mac forums (AJsAWiz)

I had a dispute with a company that went out of business . . . no working phone number . . . web site down . . . . so the credit card company gave me my money back : )

Gee, after reading the posts here I'm not so sure I'm going to get those headphones from Amazon. Well, at least they won't charge my card till they ship or not.

May 7, 2008 2:18 PM in response to Antoinette Brown

I made another post over there due to my efforts today. I can not say what I want to say in the Apple Forums and respect the Terms. At MacRumors I have a little more leeway and am deffinetly going to let this company know how I feel. For those that want to help or read more...here is the link:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=424576&page=4

My request is toward the bottom of the page and once I get a response then I will update all of my forum posts of the results.

May 8, 2008 11:47 AM in response to SFC @rcher

As Promised...I stated I would update and post any replies from Rivet. Today, I finally got an email back explaining what happended. Looks like they are now part of Vaja Corp. So hopefully Vaja has better customer service and will handle orders for them. I am still checking my account to validate there statement about the order. I feel that they could have done alot better and/or insured that the order system was off. Also, returning phone calls should have been a priority. Anyway, as I stated before...I will now leave them alone and let you decide weather or not to order products from this company, however, I will no longer recommend them as I did in the past. As far as I am concerned this thread is closed.

This is the email that was sent 4 weeks after the order was placed:

"Dear Gary,

We are deeply sorry for this long hiatus. As you may not know, Rivet International has been recently acquired by Vaja Corp. Over the last month, we have been involved in the transition process and trying to resolve several technical difficulties, so we decided to close our business temporarily. We didn't process any orders nor ship any products. However, server issues prevented us from updating our mail inbox, website and our administration system correctly. As a result, the system accepted a few random orders from April 1st until April 14th without any notice. Please note that the payment was not processed so no purchase occured. You can verify this by calling to your credit card company.

Nonetheless, we understand your frustration for not receiving the product you ordered along with a proper explanation of our special situation. Please accept our sincere apologies for this unfortunate event.

Best regards,

Customer Service Dept.
Rivet International"

Beware Rivet iPhone Headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.