Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting "Visited" Links Colors?

In past versions of SAFARI, I believe I could set the color of "visited" and "unvisited" links in "Preferences." If memory serves, I could also set how long "visited" links would hold their color before reverting.

Now, sometimes links show a "visited" color and sometimes they don't, even if they have been visited recently. It seem sporadic. Is there a way to set these features in the current "SAFARI? I am using Version 3.1.1.

G5, Dual 2ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 10, 2008 8:14 AM

1 reply

May 10, 2008 7:00 PM in response to John J Corcoran

In past versions of SAFARI, I believe I could set the color of "visited" and "unvisited" links in "Preferences.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't remember that in the Preferences.
I could also set how long "visited" links would hold their color before reverting.

That should stick for the same amount of time you have your history set to in the 'General' prefs.
Now, sometimes links show a "visited" color and sometimes they don't, even if they have been visited recently.

That usually (but not always) means it's a javascript link.
Is there a way to set these features in the current "SAFARI? I am using Version 3.1.1. It seem sporadic.

You could set the colors of visited and unvisited links with a style sheet. Here's an example:
First, set TextEdit to ‘txt'.
Paste the blue text below in to TextEdit and save it to your desktop as ‘MyLinkColors.css'.
If the extension ends up as .txt just change it to .css

a:link { color: #0000ff !important; }
a:visited { color: #c90019 !important; }

Place the file in your Safari folder: /Users/yourhome/Library/Safari
In Safari's Preferences - click the Advanced tab - from the Style Sheet pop-up menu choose Other and navigate to the ‘MyLinkColors.css' file.

Color Names and Codes
<http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Marina/3202/mycolors.html>

Tom

Setting "Visited" Links Colors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.