4851 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 17, 2008 4:04 PM by Andrew T.
Posted below are some guess I have as to what is going on. And some information I would like you to look into.
1. Can you confirm once more that the iPhone does in-fact see an Apple Retail WiFi connection but No other WiFi connection anywhere else?
2. Go to Settings - WiFi - Is it turned on? and set to ask to join?
3. Go to Settings - General - About - Do you get a Wireless Address ?
4. Reboot iPhone, Now do you see your home network?
5. Reset Network Settings - Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings - Confirm - Now do you see your home WiFi network?
6. Turn the power off on your Home Router for 5 min, Now power it on and give it 2 min to bootup. Now go to iPhone WiFi and does it see your WiFi network?
7. Contact your Router Manufacture or your ISP whoever assists with your router. Have them confirm the following.
A) Your Broadcasting in B/G Mode not 802.11 N mode
B) Your not on a Closed Network, And that your SSID is being broadcasted
C) Your using WPA/WPA 2 WiFi Security or at least WEP 128 bit 13 character password
D) If possible change the Router Channel. Sometimes changing the channel can hop the router back into a setting that other devices can then see it again. Keep in mind if you change channels. You may need to reboot the iPhone and check WiFi each time so it can establish a link to that new Channel