Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS download question

I wanted to know if there was a direct method of downloading audio from the web. It was explained to me that that information would not be given if the website's builder did not allow for it.

Since I was wondering if I had missed some basic feature of the OS and at least that part in a way was answered (in the negative) I attempted to acknowledge that and found myself locked out from my own topic.

How insulting and high handed.

G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on May 12, 2008 3:51 PM

3 replies

May 12, 2008 5:18 PM in response to taueva

Any discussion of how to circumvent digital rights management using any tools, be it the OS or third party tools, is prohibited on Apple Discussions by the Terms Of Usage. I suspect the discussion appeared to a moderator to be dealing with that topic even if approached purely from the theoretical point of view of how to use the OS to do that, and the moderator felt the thread no longer served a purpose and locked it.

By the way this kind of comment is best posted on the Discussions Feedback forum since it isn't really an iTunes question as such.

May 12, 2008 5:19 PM in response to taueva

You were locked out of the previous topic because the forum Hosts deemed that your questions concerning the specific audio from the website you were that interested you were in violation of the "terms of use" of this forum. Dave Sawyer gave you an excellent explanation as to why this can't be discussed, so I will refer you back to what Dave told you.

May 12, 2008 6:19 PM in response to StarDeb55

Thank you Star and Limnos for your explanations of why I was locked out. Since I was not aware that I was in violation of "terms of use" and had not intended to "circumvent digital rights management" but merely wanted to figure out how to do something that was presented to me as a kind of elemental operation in Windows (so I was sure I just missed the paragraph in the Missing Manual), I was astonished when I was abruptly cut off.

Perhaps it would have been best if Dave had given me the same courteous explanations as you have.

(And next time, though I hope there won't be one, I'll turn to discussions Feedback for such topics as this complaint.)

OS download question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.