Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

listening (i.e., monitoring) audio in Viewer

Seems to me that, a long time ago in a release far, far away, when I listened to a clip with multiple channels of audio in the viewer, and I clicked on a specific channel tab, I would just hear that channel.

I'm now working with v.6.0.3 (OS 10.4.11, Intel machine), and all my sources have at least 4 channels of audio, for instance, 1&2 have the program mix, 3 has the host clean, and 4 has the guests clean. But no matter which audio tab I click in the viewer, I'm always hearing a mix. I have to edit a chunk into a sequence...then I can use the mute controls, double click on the track, whatever, and I can hear the track soloed.

I can't believe that this is the way this is supposed to work...why bother with audio tabs in the viewer if ya can't hear 'em isoed up there? What are me and my fellows here doing wrong?

G5 dual 2 (4 g)/G4-733 (1 g)/iBook 1ghz (.5 g), Mac OS X (10.4.11), Final Cut Server come soon?

Posted on May 13, 2008 4:49 PM

7 replies

listening (i.e., monitoring) audio in Viewer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.