Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

I made a mistake can't start up FCP 5 anymore..

915 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2008 3:30 AM by OS 9.1 is the best!!! RSS
OS 9.1 is the best!!! Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
May 15, 2008 3:35 AM
Hello,

I need an advice, I was using FCP 5 without problem but I had to get my editings that were into the HD in my office as we have a dedicated G4 so I took the external HD to my house and copied the files into my new external HD at home.

The problem is my last project was on another external HD, I have moved this one too to the new HD so all my projects could be at the same place.

The problem is I probably deleted or moved FCp files too quick!!!

the result is when FCP loads many situations occur depending on what I do, I mean since it starting and stop at the end I tried several options like re copying the projects back to the HD's as FCp folders at the right place but nothing will do I can't use it anylonger!
it loads and stops then nothing like it never started.

I reinstalled the software but nothing changes, so I though u migh know the problem and tell me how to solve it so I could continue working at home!!!

thank you
Imac DVSE G3 400Mhz , Powerbook 150, Wallstreet powerbook 233Mhz, G4 Dual 450Mhz, Mac OS 9.1.x, OS7.1,OS9.2.2,OS10.1,10.3.9 - Airport snowDual base station & Airport card
  • Jim Cookman Level 7 Level 7 (23,435 points)
    It sounds like the new drive is not formatted correctly. What format is the drive? It should read hfs extended.

If it's new right out of the box, it is always a good idea to format a drive, EVEN IF IT SAYS ON THE BOX that it is formatted for mac.
    G5 quad, 6 gigs, 2x500, nvidia 7800, 2.5TB Brian Conner Special, couple g-raids,, Mac OS X (10.4.5), 4 other macs, various. 2 minute walk to the beach.
  • Patrick Sheffield Level 7 Level 7 (29,175 points)
    Go to http://fcprescue.com - download the version for FCP5. Run it and trash your prefs. Try starting up FCP again. Post back.

Patrick

Octo 3 GHz Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.9), 4 GB RAM, ATI x1900, Decklink HD Extreme

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.