Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nikon D50 NEF edits show size as '0 KB'

I asked this question many months ago and never received a reply! But I hope someone now has some ideas or solutions.
I have a Nikon D50 and iPhoto works fine with the NEF files from shooting in Raw EXCEPT for the fact that it displays edited file sizes in the information box as "0 KB". And it calculates the folder size using that '0 KB' for the edited photos. Thus one has no idea of size for export etc. In preferences, I have checked 'save photos as 16-bit TIFF files' but they show up after editing as NEF still.

Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 17, 2008 8:52 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2008 8:55 AM in response to STG

STG

Not one I've seen mentioned before.

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the apple and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild.

If that doesn't help: create a new library (hold down the option (or alt) key and launch iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Create Library'.) Import some pics and see if the problem recurs.

If it does:

Start with the troubleshooting basics:

1. Repair Permissions using Disk Utility

2. Delete the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file from the HD/Users/ Your Name / library / preferences folder. You'll need to reset your User options afterwards.

3. Create a new account (systempreferences -> accounts) and see if the problem is repeated there. If it is, then a re-install of the app might be indicated. If it's not, then it's likely the app is okay and the problem is something in the main account.

Regards

TD

Nikon D50 NEF edits show size as '0 KB'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.