Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer photos on iPod back to computer?

I have a couple hundred photos on my nano that I no longer have stored on the hard drive of my computer. Is there any way to take these photos and get them back onto the hard drive?

HP Pavilion dv8327us, Windows XP Pro

Posted on May 18, 2008 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2008 9:40 AM

There are a number programs out there for recovering photos from an iPod, have a look at the ones below. If you search the internet you can find more. Just be aware that what you'll be recovering will be photos optimised for the iPod so they won't be the same quality as the original full resolution versions:
iPodPhotoCopy Windows only
CopyPodPhoto Windows only
Tansee iPod Transfer Photo Windows only
iPod Photo Liberator Mac & Windows
TouchCopy Mac and Windows Versions (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)

If you have full resolution copies of the photos on the iPod have a look here: Apple Knowledge Base article - Use Disk Mode to copy photos from iPod
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2008 9:40 AM in response to crodewald20

There are a number programs out there for recovering photos from an iPod, have a look at the ones below. If you search the internet you can find more. Just be aware that what you'll be recovering will be photos optimised for the iPod so they won't be the same quality as the original full resolution versions:
iPodPhotoCopy Windows only
CopyPodPhoto Windows only
Tansee iPod Transfer Photo Windows only
iPod Photo Liberator Mac & Windows
TouchCopy Mac and Windows Versions (iPhone and iPod Touch compatible)

If you have full resolution copies of the photos on the iPod have a look here: Apple Knowledge Base article - Use Disk Mode to copy photos from iPod

How to transfer photos on iPod back to computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.