Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smtp mail, mail send via webmail, login to some website blocked

Hello,
I've the following network configuration:
modem: linksys WAG325N (actually a modem/wifi router but acting as modem and dhcp server only)
base station: airport extreme (wifi network create by this one)
extension of wifi network via airport express
extension of connection via linksys SD216 switch.
It seems quite complicated but the purpose was (still is) to extend an office network to the house just besides without cabling.
After several days of test, the configuration that works is the one above, everything is fine except to send mail via outlook, or when i'm using my webmail (exchange- sending only, the other function works fine) or tried to connect to some sites (sysaid.com and even login into apple forum, displaying OK - access NOT) when the computers are connected on the airport express that is used as an wireless extension.
I've a home wifi with a philips modem/router where i can connect with no problem as well and that doesn't give this issue.
It really seems that the airport express is either not relaying the request from the computer or maybe from the airport extreme base station.
On the webmail case although i'm well logged in, on the "send message" action, after displaying "sending message" for a while, it asks me my credentials again and if i validate them again, it goes on like this as a loop? for another webmail it give me a error message "action not possible or so".
Also my iMac is connected in the office via wireless but on the airport extreme and i don't have the problem. No problem either when a computer is connected wirelessly on the office (airport extreme) to send mail via outlook or webmail.
I've search support and discussion, restart all the systems (linksys, airport extreme, airport express) with no success on solving this problem.
enable whatever is possible in the windows firewall, used safari, firefox, ie and still the same problem.
I can not find any other settings to modify on the airport express.
Does someone have any idea on what can cause this or a solution to solve this annoying issue?
Thank you in advance.

imac 24" + toshiba m400, Windows XP Pro, imac with 0S 10.4

Posted on May 18, 2008 4:22 PM

There are no replies.

smtp mail, mail send via webmail, login to some website blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.