Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting page SIZE in INCHES?

I want to work with inches. When I go to set the page size in the Inspector \ document \ page setup my choice is only in centimeters. The template I'm required to work with is in inches. The conversions make weird numbers and make it extra difficult for me to manufacture a 'print-ready' PDF.

Is there a way I can set my page size in INCHES??

Ben

G5 2.5Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on May 19, 2008 3:43 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2008 4:27 PM in response to Walt K

hi Walt,

That works for the 'ruler units' in Pages ... but doesn't change the 'page size' units in 'page setup'. But I did get an answer from the 'Tiger' forum.

System Preferences > International ... in there one can set the units from metric to US. It works.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can reduce a 'legal size' Page document down to 7.25 x 4.75 inches without scrapping all my graphics and text boxes, or having to readjust everything. Any ideas?

Thanks for your quick help, much appreciated,

Ben

May 19, 2008 6:32 PM in response to Ben Low

Sorry, I was looking at the margin boxes when I tried the change in Pages Preferences. My error.

As for downsizing from Legal, those dimensions are not proportionate so there is no way to achieve that without adjusting or skewing things. If it’s a few pages it shouldn’t be a lot of work, but if there are many pages (as I suspect) I can see why you wouldn’t want to do that. However, if you’re willing to fill a little excess space on the sides with something, or you can live with larger margins, you can bring it down to 7.25 X 4.4. At the moment I can think of no way to reduce the mixed content except via PDF.

Walt

setting page SIZE in INCHES?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.