Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Footnotes disappearing in export to RTF

I realise RTF doesn't support footnotes in the same way as Pages, but I have problem. I'm trying to export documents with footnotes to RTF (for import to DevonThink Pro).

Unfortunately, though the footnotes are converted to rich text endnotes and appear at the end of the document (very handy), the in-text footnote markers are gone. There remains something in the text - the cursor passes over the single space in question twice, but you can't see a footnote indicator.

Any ideas what to do?
Thanks.

MacBook 2.0GHz C2D, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 19, 2008 7:02 PM

3 replies

May 20, 2008 12:39 AM in response to Benjaman

Benjaman wrote:
I appreciate your suggestion but it's not really good enough for an application that supposedly supports exporting to RTF with footnotes.

You take your dreams for reality but, as far as I know, Apple NEVER claims that RTF retains footnotes.

The Help states:

_RTF: RTF files retain most of the text formatting and graphics. You can open and edit RTF files in a word processor._

If I read well, " most" doesn't means " all" text formatting. Footnotes are one of the not retained formatting.

Yvan KOENIG (from FRANCE mardi 20 mai 2008 09:37:59)

Footnotes disappearing in export to RTF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.