Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard light refuses to turn on

My MBA's keyboard light refuses to turn on at times, the indicator comes on the screen with a forbidden sign and the light doesn't turn on afterwards, has anyone experienced this?

Macbook C2D 2Ghz, 1GB, 320GB | Macbook Air 1.6Ghz, 80GB, Mac OS X (10.5.2), I am a switcher and I love it, thank you Steve Jobs!

Posted on May 23, 2008 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2008 6:13 PM

I have experienced this as well. I believe this occurs when the ambient-light sensor believes that there is sufficient light in the room to not necessitate the use of the keyboard lights.

Try this: Cover the hole left of the iSight with your finger, and press the F6 key. After a while, the keyboard light should start to brighten. If you remove your finger, the lights should go out, once again preventing you from powering the lights.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2008 6:13 PM in response to life4rent

I have experienced this as well. I believe this occurs when the ambient-light sensor believes that there is sufficient light in the room to not necessitate the use of the keyboard lights.

Try this: Cover the hole left of the iSight with your finger, and press the F6 key. After a while, the keyboard light should start to brighten. If you remove your finger, the lights should go out, once again preventing you from powering the lights.

Keyboard light refuses to turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.