Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Key Commands - Assignment not working?

I'm trying to add key commands to have everything 'at hand' but they get listed and don't work.

Example:

I open key commands, search for 'automation', select "View Track Automation" and assign it 'Control + T'. It's in there, it is also in the arrange window's view menu. But when I type 'Control + T' nothing happens.

Still works in the pull down menu.

Am I missing something?

Posted on Oct 13, 2005 2:10 PM

11 replies

Oct 15, 2005 12:42 PM in response to Timothy B Hewitt

Im having a similar problem. i assign apple space to the 'play from beginning' command but it doesnt work. im following the instructions in a the martin sitter logic pro book so i dont believe im doing it wrong.

if it was already assigned to something else then why would it let you assign it to a different command?

anyhow, its clearly not in my case - when i press the keys all that happens is the cursors toggles to scissors. in fact it does that when only press the apple key. So its just ignoring my assignment, is it?

of course, i know it doesnt 'ignore' it in the irrational sense i imply - there must be a reason. i want to know what it is.

Oct 15, 2005 2:56 PM in response to Timothy B Hewitt

I think you are probably trying to assign a key command to something that already exists. It should tell you what that command is but...

What I do for some of my custom commands is to use all 3 modifier keys since no commands use those.

If you haven't tried PowerKeys you might want to check it out. It's really been great for me. Good luck!

Oct 19, 2005 2:00 AM in response to Timothy B Hewitt

well, i have just started expriencing this as well. and no the assignments i am setting up are not used elsewhere. as timothy found, they are listed with the pull down menu's but they do not work. pretty experienced with key commands and never come across anything like this before. also, in the past when you have tried to assign a key command to something that is already assigned you would get a warning message.

is something broken?

Key Commands - Assignment not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.