Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XCode annoyances for new user, any help appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I am new to XCode 3 and have a few annoyances that I am sure there is a solution for but which I cannot find. I thought I would ask here:

1. Code Completion member list expansion - is there a way of getting this to occur automatically rather than pressing ESC?

2. Syntax-aware indenting -

I like laying things out like this:

namespace CAD
{

AU::AU(Component pComponent, ComponentDescription *pComponentDescription, std::string sComponentName )
{
// blah blah
}

} // namespace CAD

So even though the code is within the tags for the namespace I want it to start at pos 0. With Syntax-aware indenting turned on XCode always wants to tab everything over that exists in a namespace. Is there a way of stopping this?

3. in-place editing - I have XCode set up using the "All-In-one" layout, when I single click on a file in groups & files or on an error the file appears in the editor panes as expected, lovely. If I double click a new window opens. Is there a way of stopping it opening the new window?

4. Code-Completion - Doesn't seem to work for my own classes (apart from the one I am editing), is this normal?

Any help on these would be really appreciated.

All the best

Andy

MacPro and MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 26, 2008 11:24 AM

There are no replies.

XCode annoyances for new user, any help appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.