Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook G3 (with firewire) - OSX Login options not sticking

Hi there,

I have upgraded the memory on an old graphite clambook at school in order to give it to one of the teachers. I installed 10.3 and updated it to 10.3.9. I want it to log in automatically without displaying a log-in window.

I have set up 2 accounts. One is 'admin' and the other 'teachers'.

I have checked the box that says 'Automatically log in as: xxxx' and I also have 'Display login window as: List of users'

Anyway, when I reboot the computer I am always given the name and password login box. When I go back to the 'accounts' screen 'automatically log in'is still checked....

The battery on this iBook is dead and I am waiting for a replacement) ordered a few days ago).

So can anyone help me with this? I Installed OSX alongside the old OS9 installation. Do I need to do a complete virgin install or is there something I can do change this?

cheers

Steve

Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on May 27, 2008 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2008 10:29 AM

Hi, Steve.

You may want to try posting in the iBook (colors) Forum.

You have posted in the iBook G3 (Dual USB) Forum (the forum for the first all-white iBooks).
3 replies

ibook G3 (with firewire) - OSX Login options not sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.