Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried all I know, iDVD just won't open

Using a MacBook Pro on OS X 10.5.2
iDVD refuses to open.
1. I've repaired permissions (several times)
2. I've reinstalled iDVD (twice)
3. I've downloaded both the iDVD and iLife updates
4. Used CleanApp to clear iDVD off the machine and reinstalled the app
5. I've trashed the pref file (several times)
What can I do???

iMac G5 20

Posted on May 27, 2008 12:19 PM

5 replies

May 28, 2008 8:49 AM in response to David Brimhall1

If you have any non-standard QT plugins /components installed on your laptop (ie, Perian http://perian.org/), then please remove them at this time.

You can use this handy apple utility to do this procedure:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/systemdiskutilities/appdelete.html

If this doesn't help, then please call apple support directly. Speak to level one and request a case number from the beginning..... if they can't help you resolve this quickly; then ask for a level two tech and make certain to confirm your case number on this issue. Your case number is considered confidential information between you and apple only. Please do not disclose this number / info on apple discussions and forums. Hopefully we can resolve this quickly.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: SDMacuser

Jun 4, 2008 6:34 AM in response to David Brimhall1

As a very last option, which I hate to do myself, is to backup ALL your stuff and reformat my Mac with the provided CDs that came with your computer. But before reinstall everything see if you can open iDVD. It should. Then start adding stuff one at a time and try to catch the culprit.
Remember only do this as a last resort.

Message was edited by: jcc31

Message was edited by: jcc31

Tried all I know, iDVD just won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.