Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook personal and public folders via Entourage?

I'm the only Mac user in my company and for the most part, this relatively new transition has been seamless. The only tricky part has been with personal and public folders that are currently in Outlook - I can't see them in Entourage. Instead of having an intranet, we have all of our policies, forms, procedures, and general (corporate) information in Public Folders, and then our email accounts are limited and we're instructed to use Personal Folders for any emails that need to be kept longer than 60 days.

Has anyone else run into this, and if so, were you able to find a solution?

Many thanks,
Sabrina

MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on May 27, 2008 12:40 PM

12 replies

May 27, 2008 1:08 PM in response to Ssabrina Kapp

I thought Entourage WAS an Apple product.

Nope. M$ product. Always has been.

why we chose to use Entourage instead of Mail in the first place

Possibly because it's closer to Outlook in "feel" and is somewhat easier to configure from an IT perspective (i.e. they don't have to do anything to get Entourage to communicate with an MS Exchange server).

Mail can be configured to work with an Exchange server, either by having IMAP support enabled on the server side, or by configuring mail to access the OWA (Outlook Web Access) server. Your IT group should be able to help there (note that "should" does not necessarily mean "will!).

Hope this helps...

May 27, 2008 4:23 PM in response to Ssabrina Kapp

I use entourage on MS exchange in a mostly Dell environment. I have no trouble seeing the same public folders I see on outlook with the Dells. In the left hand window of entourage you should see your exchange server and your personal folders. If you scroll down you should see public folders and click on it to access the public folders. For me Entourage handles almost the same as outlook with a few differences in the location of certain functions. If you cannot see public folders in entourage it sounds like your IT department has not set up entourage correctly.

Hope this helps

May 28, 2008 9:06 AM in response to DustyRose

Just wondering if you would be able to help me out. I think i am trying to do what this topic pertains to.
In my office, its an all windows deal and im the only one wanting to use a mac.
How do i go about setting up entourage to work with the windows exchange server and all that. I am able to see the network folders via a finder window, however in my position it is imperative that I can view other associates daily schedules on their computer over the network/exchange server. is this possible using entourage on a mac while everyone else is using windows/pcs?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

May 28, 2008 9:16 AM in response to DustyRose

so i started trying to set up an exchange, however, if you have entourage (student edition) you cannot set up or add an exchange. So it says to upgrade to office 2008 standard edition. So does this mean with my current version i cant set up an exchange? and in terms of upgrading can i pay like a one time fee to upgrade to the right version or do i have to buy the whole other edition and upgrade all the programs associated with the office suite?
any information would be great.
thanks

May 28, 2008 9:17 AM in response to Red and Proud

*"is this possible using entourage on a mac while everyone else is using windows/pcs?"*

Yes, provided the Exchange server is configured correctly. You'll need to contact your IT dept. regarding that. Otherwise, as already alluded to, since Entourage is not an Apple product, you'll want to consider posting all related questions on Microsoft's own Entourage forums, as they would be geared more toward your question than an Apple forum.

http://www.officeformac.com/productforums

You may also want to check out the Entourage Help Page for setup specifics: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/

Outlook personal and public folders via Entourage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.