Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very Quick question from a noob

Im just playing with FCP for the first time - and I cant get my head around one thing...

Ive imported a MP4 video in - which the audio is out of sync. Ive got it in the timeline and have locked the audio so I can move the video. However when I try to play the Canvas - it beeps with the 'unrendered' picture. How can I play this and fine-tune my audio track to sync with the video?

Ive been reading the manual and it just says you can watch the timeline sequence via the canvas - which I cant seem to do...

Very rookie question I know....

Thanks in advance 🙂

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on May 28, 2008 2:26 AM

6 replies

May 28, 2008 6:05 AM in response to SWAN909808

Couple of concepts here that you may or may not be aware of. Sequence settings must match your clip properties or you'll be forced to render. Also, MP4 is mpeg4 video which FCP doesn't like to work with in the timeline. I don't know where you got MP4 but if you're just playing with Final Cut Pro, you'd be better served to go shoot yourself some mini-dv video to mess around with.

May 28, 2008 7:23 AM in response to SWAN909808

There are ways to get what you want but if it involves ripping protected and copywritten material, you won't find that help here on this board or any of the other Apple forums. You need to clarify what it is you're doing and with what kind of material and if you're going to participate in this forum, you should also clarify what equipment/software versions you are using.

For the record, it really helps that you've begun your thread by saying you were reading the manual. Too many people come on here begging for help without even attempting to look at the manual.

Dudeness.

Very Quick question from a noob

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.