Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now that Xsi support is out - how to update Aperture library?

I have a host of 450D Xsi raw files in my Aperture library which to date Aperture could not read.

Now the RAW support is out, but Aperture is not generating large image previews, and thumbnails remain unrotated (for portrait pictures). Does anyone know what I should do to get it all to work?

Barney

Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on May 28, 2008 2:41 PM

26 replies

May 28, 2008 10:49 PM in response to BarneyHamilton

I have what I believe to be the same problem. Newly imported .CR2 files from Rebel XSi seem to function appropriately. However, previously imported files are still shown as 256 x 170 pixel by EXIF and previews even though they take 14MB in space. Generating new previews doesn't fix it. New versions from the JPEG masters are the right size (I shoot JPEG+RAW). Updating EXIF from Master now gets new information it couldn't from before.

Overall, it seems like support for this RAW format is either incomplete or just harder to implement retroactively.

May 29, 2008 10:04 AM in response to Clem

So unfortunately, I deleted the original files off of my SD card after importing to Aperture. I tested exporting & re-importing on a small batch of files and it seems to work okay as far as properly handling the RAW.

My question now is: Is there a simple way to have Aperture treat the JPEG/RAW image pairs intelligently again? Originally, it recognized that I was shooting in JPEG+RAW and treated the pair of files as one item in the libarary. I don't want to create a stack, as that's much messier and not equivalent.

Thanks for everyone's patience and assistance so far.

May 29, 2008 12:20 PM in response to Clem

i seem to recall a post by apple saying that they will just "work" when the camera is supported ... they never mentioned that you'd have to reimport ...

i know that when my 1ds files were unsupported - nothing - and then when support was available, they just all of the sudden worked ...

figured a rebuild could help ... and it definitely won't hurt ... and unless you tried a rebuild and it didn't help you, not sure why you are telling them to not try it ... :P

Now that Xsi support is out - how to update Aperture library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.