Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Oh-oh!!! Since 10.5.3, now when I apply an adjustment, photo goes black!!

What to do? I have just updated to 10.5.3, and all adjustments to photos are now turning the main preview image black. Can't get the black image back!

Help!!

Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on May 28, 2008 3:20 PM

6 replies

May 28, 2008 4:21 PM in response to BarneyHamilton

I've just made a few adjustments to some canon RAW images, including exposure, contrast, vignette, colour correction.white balance, but can't get a black image. All seems to be fine here. But, these are with images imported pre 10.5.3 upgrade, if that makes any difference.
Does you image go black while your adjusting it?, What adjustments are you doing? I'll see if I can get the same as you.

May 29, 2008 1:09 AM in response to BarneyHamilton

I have this also - Al iMac 24" - Sony A700 cRAW files. Make a new version from the master and you get the preview back again.

Aperture just is so flakey I'm thinking about giving it up. Just adjust the definition slider and the preview goes black.

Click auto levels and you lose the histogram.

Version 2 of a product should be better than this.

Still no CA correction tool - the biggest omission of the lot.

Message was edited by: D Anderson

May 29, 2008 1:37 AM in response to D Anderson

It really is very flakey, sometimes it works, other times with the same image it goes black. Sometimes you click auto levels and the levels histogram is blank.
I restarted Aperture and tried the same image, no problems. I have no idea what is going on and why it is inconsistent. Running 10.5.3 and just going to try the updated camera raw software update, though that shouldn't apply to my cameras.

Jun 2, 2008 1:11 PM in response to Pehpsi

Well, It was strange, after restarting Aperture the problems seemed to go away. I think I must have had some transient problem with a partial preview or something. I wound back to an earlier version of my Aperture Library using Time Machine and was able to recreate the problems I had again. Once again quitting Aperture and restarting fixed it.

I am hopeful that the problems are gone for good now.

I am using Aperture 2.1 here.

Message was edited by: D Anderson

Oh-oh!!! Since 10.5.3, now when I apply an adjustment, photo goes black!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.