Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting IP addresses from Screen Sharing list

How do I remove the old addresses from the Screen Sharing list?

I am using Screen Sharing (located in /System/Library/CoreServices) to connect to my work computer. Because the ATT 2Wire DSL modem changes IP addresses every so often, I need to sign in using a different address. Now I have 8 under My Computers. I can click and drag one to the desk top (gives me a vncloc file) but the delete key does nothing.

Thanks

Power Mac Dual 1.4GHz G4; iMac Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.2), 2GB Ram, SATA RAID external drives; 1GB Ram

Posted on May 31, 2008 4:28 AM

7 replies

Aug 7, 2008 7:04 AM in response to Eddie Ski

I deleted the plist and it deleted the addresses....AND the improvements I had made to my screensharing as posted in http://www.macworld.com/article/131094/2007/12/screensharepower.html

Still hoping to find a way to delete individual ip numbers.

I did open the plist and delete on address, but then it wasn't the same so I deleted and restarted screen sharing. I added the screen sharing window back, next I have to find the web page that adds more tools at the top.

Thanks for the idea.

Deleting IP addresses from Screen Sharing list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.