Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Future Of Shake????

What's the future of Shake and it's users? I have no experience with Shake but am strongly considering learning from online tutorials and training DVD's recommended by some experts in the field of visual effects/compositing but my only gripe is the fact that "they" have stopped developing it. Is this true? Should I bother with Shake is, in a short while, it will be replaced by something new???? Help guys...

Bones

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 2, 2008 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2008 12:48 PM

It's $500 and they used it for Lord of the Rings and King Kong (among others). That's such a low price that I'll gladly take no support. Competing products have their own advantages but cost significantly more.

Apple have given no indication as to when a new version is coming so it could be tomorrow or it could be 5 years from now. In the world of technology there is always something around the corner and if you always wait for the next best thing, you'll be waiting forever.

Ask yourself: do I need this right now? If the answer is yes, buy it and it will serve you well. If not, hold off until you do need it in case something else comes out.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2008 12:48 PM in response to Bonesone4

It's $500 and they used it for Lord of the Rings and King Kong (among others). That's such a low price that I'll gladly take no support. Competing products have their own advantages but cost significantly more.

Apple have given no indication as to when a new version is coming so it could be tomorrow or it could be 5 years from now. In the world of technology there is always something around the corner and if you always wait for the next best thing, you'll be waiting forever.

Ask yourself: do I need this right now? If the answer is yes, buy it and it will serve you well. If not, hold off until you do need it in case something else comes out.

The Future Of Shake????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.