7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2008 8:21 PM by Marie Marcy
Marie Marcy Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
I use CameraRaw & need to purchase Photoshop CS3 to open RAW images from my new Canon40D
But I have 10.3.9 & need to upgrade to 10.4.8
Is there one upgrade that I need to? Where do I find it? I can never find the upgrades I need on here. I am hoping it is one upgrade to 10.4.8 & I am hoping it won't put my computer over the edge. Not sure if it can take another upgrade.
I am not tech friendly..Ü please be understanding....any help will be appreciated~
Thanks

Mac OS X Version 10.3.9
Memory:512 MB
Processor:800MHz PowerPC G4

PowerPC G4, Mac OS X (10.3.x), Mac OS X Version 10.3.9,Processor:800MHz,Memory:512 MB
  • Niel Level 10 Level 10 (268,165 points)
    Purchase a Mac OS X 10.4 upgrade DVD from a site such as this one or a physical store, and then run the free updater to 10.48.

(32612)
  • littleshoulders Level 6 Level 6 (9,515 points)
    Hi Niel,

For some reason your link is not working. I think this is the corrected link.

regards,

littleshoulders
  • Marie Marcy Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
    Thank you!!!

OK...I purchase this-"Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger Upgrade DVD"

But one more thing...Ü

How do I run the free updater to 10.4.8? Where do I find that?thanks~
    I really really appreciate your help! Ü
    How do I run the free updater to 10.4.8?

The current updater will appear in the Software Update pane of System Preferences, and you can get it from here.

(32617)
    To order 10.4
    System Requirements:

<<A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer>>

I have no clue what this is, where do I find this???

<<DVD drive for installation>> I have an external DVD, this is fine, correct?
    A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer

You probably already have that.

I have an external DVD, this is fine, correct?

If it is a FireWire drive. If it is an USB drive, it most likely won't work.

(32658)
    I purchased 10.4 upgrade & also Photoshop CS3.
    My computer will not let me install the upgrade. I tried unhooking everything except my SCSI card, a zip drive is still attached. Will remove that next.

I really think the SCSI card might be the problem, but don't know how to remove this. It was installed when I ordered the computer from MAC warehouse in 2002( I think).
    I have tried installing from startup disk & from the disk on my desktop.
    I keep getting a white screen with a grey apple...seems to freeze at that point.
    Not sure what my next option is. ;(
    help?