Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme (UFO version)

I have an old AirPort Extreme that hadn't been updated for the longest time. I am trying to set up the Admin using my "updated" PowerBook G4 12" laptop. The internet works fine but I just can't seem to be able to gain Admin Control using Airport Utility. My laptop runs on Leopard OS X. Could this be incompatible with "backward" AirPort Extreme?

Thanks for your help!

PowerBook G4 12", Mac OS X (10.5.3), 1.5Mhz 1.25GB 60G

Posted on Jun 2, 2008 9:39 PM

8 replies

Jun 2, 2008 10:16 PM in response to dchao99

The AirPort Extreme base station is visible. The IP address etc. is given. However, when I try to

1) Update the Firmware to 5.7 from 5.2

or

2) Either manually set-up or follow through with "Assist Me"

after a long period of "thinking" the computer will just produce -6765 error message.

So what's wrong with the base station?

thanks!!

Jun 3, 2008 2:18 PM in response to Beeves

Have you tried resetting the base station - first by unplugging it from everything (power, ethernet etc.) and waiting a few minutes; second (if that doesn't help) resetting it with the reset button. The second method will reset the configuration to default settings allowing you to start the configuration from scratch. You may need a hi-tech intervention (such as a bent paper clip) to actually depress the button.

- cfr

AirPort Extreme (UFO version)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.