Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[HELP] Keyboard "beeps" on every letter pressed

Hi!

My MBP keyboard is behaving weirdly on every application. Whenever I type a letter, the system "beeps" with the system alert sound (whichever is chosen in SystemPrefs>Sounds>AlertSound), once for every key pressed on the keyboard. Very annoying! It only happens with letters and numbers, the rest of the keys (F-keys, tab, shift, ctrl, cmnd, fn, enter, return, etc... ) don't "sound".

I tried to find a setting I might have triggered "accidentally", but couldn't figure anything out. I restarted and it's the same.

Any ideas?

TIA

MacBookPro, MacBook, PowerMac G4, eMacG4, iBookG4 & iMacG4, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Jun 3, 2008 1:02 AM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2008 7:21 PM in response to RAM

Well, this took a lot of effort from my part, hehehe, but for the interested, the culprit was RapidoWrite Service. As it turns out, It was on my Login Items list and when started in "Hidden Mode" (with the HIDE box checked in the Login Items Pref. Pane) it behaves this way, making a beep sound for every "letter" pressed (as if it couldn't find a shortcut to "expand" because it was "hidden".

Anyhow, I unchecked the HIDE box and everything is fine now!

sigh

🙂

[HELP] Keyboard "beeps" on every letter pressed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.