30836 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2008 4:36 PM by Old Toad
No. You'll need a 3rd party editor to do that. One, Portraits and Prints I hear might do what you want. Go to VersionTracker.com and search for photo frames or something similar and see what you come up with.
TIP: For insurance against the iPhoto database corruption that many users have experienced I recommend making a backup copy of the Library6.iPhoto (iPhoto.Library for iPhoto 5 and earlier) database file and keep it current. If problems crop up where iPhoto suddenly can't see any photos or thinks there are no photos in the library, replacing the working Library6.iPhoto file with the backup will often get the library back. By keeping it current I mean backup after each import and/or any serious editing or work on books, slideshows, calendars, cards, etc. That insures that if a problem pops up and you do need to replace the database file, you'll retain all those efforts. It doesn't take long to make the backup and it's good insurance.
I've created an Automator workflow application (requires Tiger or later), iPhoto dB File Backup, that will copy the selected Library6.iPhoto file from your iPhoto Library folder to the Pictures folder, replacing any previous version of it. It's compatible with iPhoto 6 and 7 libraries and Tiger and Leopard. iPhoto does not have to be closed to run the application, just idle. You can download it at Toad's Cellar. Be sure to read the Read Me pdf file.≤br>
Note: There now an Automator backup application for iPhoto 5 that will work with Tiger or Leopard.
Yes, iPhoto does include several fun photo border options.
To print a photo with a border:
1. Launch iPhoto
2. Select the photo(s) that you want to print
3. Click the Print button in the lower left portion of the iPhoto window
4. A window will be displayed showing the different print options
5. Press the button labeled "Customize"
6. At the bottom of your screen, press the Themes icon
7. Select the theme you want, for example "Simple Mat"
8. Press the Background icon, and select one of the 26 different backgrounds available
9. Press the Border icon, and select your border.
10. When you are happy with your borders, press the print button.