Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noob question about borders (with example)

Im editing a Movie ripped from a DVD (with the owners permission). I ripped it with Mac the ripper - then converted the .VOB files with FFmpeg to .mov files...

It seems that the videos have a black border around them and are more squashed (cringes at the noob terminology)...

Im cutting sections of the vid to be put up online and would like to produce .mov files which have no border...

Example of how it looks currently:

http://www.freedomfromme.co.uk/videotest.html

I'd like to not have borders and fill the entire pane...

Is this possible or a result of editing from a ripped DVD?

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Jun 9, 2008 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2008 6:00 AM

It looks like you've got the wrong frame size generated by one of your programs.

Assuming the DVD has no copy protection scheme applied, use mpeg streamclip (it's free-- google it.)

Then export to DV spec 720x 480 for ntsc-- PAL is different and it's too early for me to remember it...

That should fix you up.

You might also just scroll over in the browser and see what size your frame is.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2008 6:00 AM in response to SWAN909808

It looks like you've got the wrong frame size generated by one of your programs.

Assuming the DVD has no copy protection scheme applied, use mpeg streamclip (it's free-- google it.)

Then export to DV spec 720x 480 for ntsc-- PAL is different and it's too early for me to remember it...

That should fix you up.

You might also just scroll over in the browser and see what size your frame is.

Noob question about borders (with example)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.