Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Bluetooth on 3G iPhone support keyboards?

ok, so the new iPhone doesn't have a physical keyboard. Has the bluetooth stack at least been un-crippled so that it supports the lovely Apple Mini Wireless Keyboard?

iMac alu. 20" 2.0 GHz/4.0 GB, Mac Mini (server), original Macintosh, Touch 8 GB, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Also, Ubuntu Linux, WinXP in Parallels

Posted on Jun 9, 2008 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2008 11:39 AM

I don't think so.. It does also not support other bluetooth stack, so you won't be able to use it for dial-up networking for a laptop, like you can use ost 'normal' mobile phone to access the internet from your laptop while on the move.. thats a shame..
2 replies

Jan 8, 2009 10:16 PM in response to midtoad@shaw.ca

mikkelbreum wasn't sure about the lack of bluetooth support in the iPhone for the Apple bluetooth keyboard, but I've been able to independently confirm that this is the case.

Apple, this is lame! I want to use a real keyboard with the iPhone! Since you don't support this, I will not buy an iPhone and instead am happily using a Nokia phone which DOES support the Apple keyboard.

Does Bluetooth on 3G iPhone support keyboards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.