Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing multiple images on a single sheet

Hi everyone.

I haven't been able to do this, nor find help about it. I need to print various images, each having its specific dimensions, onto a single 13 x 19 in sheet. The closest I've come to, was using the book module, dropping the images onto a single page with various image placeholders. But, in that case, I have not been able to fix the exact dimensions of each of these placeholders.

Thanks for any help.

iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.11), 2 Gig RAM

Posted on Jun 11, 2008 7:17 AM

5 replies

Jun 11, 2008 10:30 AM in response to Christian Barrette1

To the best of my knowledge there is no equivalent to the Photoshop "picture package" printing. I was hoping for this feature with 2.0, but alas it did not appear. In addition to the book layouts, you can try printing light tables. I have found that this works pretty well for photo montages. Some of the problems with using light tables for this type of work is that the user has almost no control over the light table size and shape (it is growing whenever you move an image close to the light table edge) and also the light table will not allow for more than one copy of an image (so the technique works for photo montages, but not picture packages). Just make sure you position the images such that the general shape of them together represents the paper shape (rectangular or square), then right-click on the light table background and select "minimize size" to get ride of the extra light table area in the periphery. Finally select File->Print Light Table. Once you pick the paper size, Aperture will resize the images as needed. Unfortunately, the user has no control over each image's size, only the image size relative to the paper and the other images on the light table. A kludgy solution, but it works for some applications.

Jun 11, 2008 1:35 PM in response to KQS MD

Thanks for your suggestion. I have explored the light table, but found it less promising than the book option, since the size of the overall setup is hard to control, not mentionning that of the single picture elements.
The reason I want to print simultaneously various pictures is to save paper. I could go out and buy 8 x 10 in. sheets and print one image per sheet, but since I have various sizes to print, often smaller than 8 x 10, it means that I will have to cut and waste a lot of paper.
Perhaps I should mount the picture in Pages - see how it can support 16-bit printing.

Jun 11, 2008 1:37 PM in response to KQS MD

Thanks for your suggestion. I have explored the light table, but found it less promising than the book option, since the size of the overall setup is hard to control, not mentionning that of the single picture elements.
The reason I want to print simultaneously various pictures is to save paper. I could go out and buy 8 x 10 in. sheets and print one image per sheet, but since I have various sizes to print, often smaller than 8 x 10, it means that I will have to cut and waste a lot of paper.
Perhaps I should mount the picture in Pages - see how it can support 16-bit printing.

Jun 13, 2008 10:31 AM in response to Christian Barrette1

Just to close the subject : I have found no way to make Aperture print multiple images with precise sizes on a single sheet of paper. I have done it rather with Pages, quite easily. I first used the multimedia browser to import the images from the Aperture Library, but found I had better quality importing tiff files that I had created with Aperture, exporting my working versions. I haven't had time to investigate why I got better results this way : may not be sure if some of the modifications made inside Aperture were actually not transported via the Multimedia Browser, or if perhaps the importation implied the creation of a jpeg version.

Message was edited by: Christian Barrette1

Printing multiple images on a single sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.