1205 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 12, 2008 9:23 AM by CasperGemini
The Audiobooks section of the music library really only applies to Audiobooks purchased from iTunes or Audible. iTunes files everything based on file extensions. The good news is you can change the file extensions of CD's you have imported to iTunes to force your Audiobooks to appear in the correct section of your iTunes library and your iPod.
1. Select the file in iTunes
2. Click File – Show in Windows Explorer (Ctrl + R)
3. When the Windows Explorer window appears, quit iTunes.
4. If you do not see the extension in the file name:
- Click the Tools menu and click Folder Options
- Click the View tab
- Uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” in the Advanced Settings section
- Click OK
5. Right click on the file and click Rename
6. Change .m4p to .m4b
7. Click “Yes” in the resulting warning dialogue
8. Launch iTunes, remove the files that have been renamed from iTunes (make sure you click “keep files” if prompted to move to Recycle bin), and add them back to the library via File – Add File to Library
9. Sync iPod