Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erase and install

i've been having way too many problems with my iLife apps so i was told i need to reinstall everything...first time i just did the "bundled software only" and that didnt cure anything for me, so the next time i figured i'd just erase the whole compy and start from scratch...(it's new so theres not much to lose, plus it's backed up) however, i stuck in the OS X 10.5 disks, and did a complete reinstall, but it did not erase anything,

now all of my iLife apps dont even start up for me?!!?

dumb question, but how do i erase everything i got and start over?

mbpro

Posted on Jun 16, 2008 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2008 5:39 AM

From the install disk, choose the 'erase and install' option. This will wipe everything, then put a fresh copy of OSX on board.
2 replies

Jun 16, 2008 6:16 AM in response to viper24k

"It did not erase anything"

As Simon says, after you restarted from the Leopard install DVD, you must choose what kind of installation you want.
In your case, not "simple upgrade", not "archive & install", but "Erase & Install".
By the way:
You can also "custom-install" during the process: choose which languages and which printer drivers for example, you'd like to skip if you don't need them. Sometimes also some of the extra software, like games etc, that you can as well choose not to install.

erase and install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.