Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture compatible scanners?

Does anyone know where to find a list of scanners that are supported by Image Capture? I can't seem to get my scanner to be recognized by it, and so far I haven't found whether it should be or not. It's a HP PhotoSmart all-in-one deal...

Thanks!

MBP Feb 2008 15", Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Jun 16, 2008 10:31 AM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2008 10:55 AM in response to tdavie

This is what my Image Capture help says:

Image Capture works with scanners that have driver software for Mac OS X. It also works with some TWAIN-compatible scanners.

To find out if your scanner is compatible with Mac OS X, check with the scanner’s manufacturer, or go to the peripheral compatibility webpage.

To scan images using a TWAIN interface:
Install the latest software for your scanner.
The latest software may have come with your scanner or it may be on the website for the scanner’s manufacturer.

In Image Capture, choose Devices > Browse Devices. Under TWAIN devices, select your scanner, select Use TWAIN UI, and then click Connect.
If you don’t see this option, your scanner does not have a TWAIN interface.

To learn how to perform scans with the dialog that appears, see the documentation that came with your scanner.

;~)

User uploaded file

Image Capture compatible scanners?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.