Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leopard Front Row Question (Resume play and Subtitles)

Hi,

I've been using Front Row on leopard, and it works a treat. I have found codec's to play DIVX files on my iBook G4.

In Tiger if I was part of the way through watching something, I could press the menu button and it would save the location. So that when I went back to watch the show later (any file) it would ask me to resume or start from the beginning. This feature does not appear to be in the leopard version does anyone know how I can access this?

Also, I have a few DIVX files that have subtitles embedded (using FairUseWizard on XP) how do I show these subtitles?

Thanks

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jun 19, 2008 12:43 AM

8 replies

Jun 19, 2008 12:26 PM in response to JumpingHunger

In Tiger if I was part of the way through watching something, I could press the menu button and it would save the location. So that when I went back to watch the show later (any file) it would ask me to resume or start from the beginning. This feature does not appear to be in the leopard version does anyone know how I can access this?

This does not currently work in Front Row in Leopard. The only work-around now is to add your movie files to iTunes. Movies stored in iTunes will get the resume feature when paused in Front Row.

-Doug

Sep 11, 2008 3:10 AM in response to skalda

Somes files are not compatible in iTunes with the "force FrontRow subtitles compabibility".

My files too don't work in iTunes (black screen) but work in Front Row. That's what I wanted.

Videodrive make Front Row usefull. It's a shame Apple don't care about subtitles.

There is no simple way to add avi + srt files (like a full season : 24 episodes) to iTunes without Videodrive.

Message was edited by: Nico_

Sep 11, 2008 3:32 AM in response to Nico_

videodrive just do this - open movie with subtitles and in "show movie properties" select "video track 1", tab visual settings and set the transparency to "composition"
select "video track 2" / visual settings / transparency - "premultiplied black alpha"
save this as a reference movie and import into itunes (than you can add cover, genre etc.)

I love sorting of movies / shows in itunes, so I prefer playing right from it (not from frontrow), but if movie is with subtitles, I see only black screen... any advice please?

Leopard Front Row Question (Resume play and Subtitles)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.