8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2008 5:49 PM by Padre Quevedo
JumpingHunger Level 1 (0 points)
Hi,

I've been using Front Row on leopard, and it works a treat. I have found codec's to play DIVX files on my iBook G4.

In Tiger if I was part of the way through watching something, I could press the menu button and it would save the location. So that when I went back to watch the show later (any file) it would ask me to resume or start from the beginning. This feature does not appear to be in the leopard version does anyone know how I can access this?

Also, I have a few DIVX files that have subtitles embedded (using FairUseWizard on XP) how do I show these subtitles?

Thanks

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)
  • Douglas McLaughlin Level 9 (63,745 points)
    In Tiger if I was part of the way through watching something, I could press the menu button and it would save the location. So that when I went back to watch the show later (any file) it would ask me to resume or start from the beginning. This feature does not appear to be in the leopard version does anyone know how I can access this?

This does not currently work in Front Row in Leopard. The only work-around now is to add your movie files to iTunes. Movies stored in iTunes will get the resume feature when paused in Front Row.

-Doug
  • Tomeranaray Level 1 (85 points)
    You may consider VideoDrive. Put your movies and SRT files together and run VideoDrive. It puts the video in iTunes without reconversion and you can toggle subtitles on and off, even in Front Row! Works great! www.aroona.net
  • skalda Level 1 (0 points)
    Hi, I used videodrive and works really great in frontrow with subtitles, but when I tried to play some video (with subtitles) right from itunes, saw only a black screen with sound... did I something wrong?
  • Nico_ Level 1 (0 points)
    Somes files are not compatible in iTunes with the "force FrontRow subtitles compabibility".

My files too don't work in iTunes (black screen) but work in Front Row. That's what I wanted.

Videodrive make Front Row usefull. It's a shame Apple don't care about subtitles.

There is no simple way to add avi + srt files (like a full season : 24 episodes) to iTunes without Videodrive.

Message was edited by: Nico_
    videodrive just do this - open movie with subtitles and in "show movie properties" select "video track 1", tab visual settings and set the transparency to "composition"
    select "video track 2" / visual settings / transparency - "premultiplied black alpha"
    save this as a reference movie and import into itunes (than you can add cover, genre etc.)

I love sorting of movies / shows in itunes, so I prefer playing right from it (not from frontrow), but if movie is with subtitles, I see only black screen... any advice please?
  • Nico_ Level 1 (0 points)
    I think you can see subtitles in iTunes, but you need to desable "force frontrow subtitles compatibility" with Videodrive.

It's iTunes or frontrow. You need to choose the program that will show subtitles, then automatically the other programm will show black screen.
    yes, I know... itunes or frontrow... <irony> really sophistical solution by apple </irony>

Message was edited by: skalda
  • Padre Quevedo Level 1 (5 points)
    You can use an altered version of Perian.

http://www.applesfera.com/2008/09/30-solucion-a-los-subtitulos-en-front-row

You need to uninstall the old Perian first.

Works great with FrontRow/Leopard.