Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos refuse to sync

Ok. So I have an itty bitty issue.

I want to sync photos from iPhoto with my iPhone, but whenever I enable this in iTunes, it shows 0 next to whatever I want to sync. I know this is not the case.

I have already restored my iPhone...twice. As a New Phone.

I believe this started after I rebuilt my iPhoto library.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

 2 17" iMac Intel Duos 1GB  2 AEXs  750GB WD HDD  everything up-to-date , Mac OS X (10.5.2),  |512 Shuffle, 2 4GB minis, 1, 2, 8GB nanos, 16GB touch|  2x 8GB iPhone 

Posted on Jun 19, 2008 7:56 PM

9 replies

Jun 25, 2008 8:30 PM in response to Lougoose

One thing that might help out.

Quit any applications that you might have open.
Open isync found in your applications folder.
Open the isync preferences.
Click the button to reset sync history.
Quit isync.
Now open itunes, connect your iphone and try to sync pictures again.

Also, try syncing to a folder instead of iphoto to see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Jul 13, 2008 12:36 PM in response to Lougoose

If on a windows machine, this worked for me...I had exactly the same issue but just fixed it. This fix may help you too.

Look in your pictures folder (the master folder that holds the sub-folders you want to sync with). Look for a folder in there called "Ipod PHOTO cache" (or something very similar to that. Delete it. Then go back and sync again. It will ask you if you want to associate your new iphone with these folders - say yes. Problem solved. Hope that helps you too.

Jul 13, 2008 12:59 PM in response to TaylorSmith164

Thos works slightly differently on a mac.

Just so yu knows here is how to do it:

iPhoto 08:
Find the iPhoto library ( it will look like a single file. Right click it, and click Show Package Contents. That gives you a view of all the folders and such, where you can find the iPod photo cache.

iPhoto 06:
I believe iris similar to the Windows instructions.

Photos refuse to sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.