Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal to iPhone times screwy

Ok. So whenever I sync my iPhone with iCal, the times appear one hour later on my iPhone (an 11:00 appointment shows as 12).

I have already tried syncing with Time Zone Support on for iPhone and iCal, as well as off.

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!

 2 17" iMac Intel Duos 1GB  2 AEXs  750GB WD HDD  everything up-to-date , Mac OS X (10.5.2),  |512 Shuffle, 2 4GB minis, 1, 2, 8GB nanos, 16GB touch|  2x 8GB iPhone 

Posted on Jun 19, 2008 7:57 PM

12 replies

Jun 19, 2008 8:54 PM in response to Lougoose

Do you regularly travel outside of the Chicago or central time zone?

If not, there is no need to have Time Zone Support enabled with the iPhone.

Try turning Time Zone Support off on your iPhone, and make sure it is off with iCal.

Next, do a Reset, which is done by pressing and holding the Home button and Sleep/Wake or On/Off button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo and then release - ignoring the slide to turn off prompt when doing so.

Next with your iPhone connected, under the Info tab for your iPhone sync preferences below Advanced at the very bottom, select Calendars below "Replace information on this iPhone:"

Select Apply, and then sync.

Jun 19, 2008 9:29 PM in response to Allan Sampson

Well, I would think that would work.

However, I tried it (I even Restored it, then tried it), and it didn't work.

It continues to add songs 1 hour later on the iPhone.

????

Also, by the way, when I deselect Sync iCal Calendars, then sync, the calendars remain there. (This is why I re-downloaded the firmware, then Restored the iPhone, figuring that might help).

Any ideas?

Jun 20, 2008 11:18 AM in response to Lougoose

If it's exactly an hour difference the most likely scenario is that you don't have the timzeones set correctly. Is the clock correct in the iPhone? Do you have "Set Automatically" enabled in settings/date & time? Similarly for your computer? Every case we have seen of this issue thus far ultimately came down to settings on the computer or the phone not matching.

Jul 27, 2008 12:40 PM in response to Lougoose

I was having a similar issue. Though my iPhone was showing the correct time for my time zone, synced events from iCal all had the wrong time.

Both the MacBook and iPhone time and date were set to the correct time zone.

However, on the iPhone when I went into Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, the "Time Zone Suppport" setting was still set to Cupertino. Once I corrected that and checked the calendar, all times were correct.

Apparently, the "Date and Time" setting under the "General" section of settings is not tied to the setting under "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."

Good Luck,
~m.

Sep 16, 2008 8:36 AM in response to Lougoose

I have a similar problem and mine is NOT fixed. I set appointments on my iPhone in iCal and then when I sync to my computer they get shifted back by 3 hours. This is totally annoying and frustrating. And I have checked, both my iPhone and my computer are set to the same time zone (Boston). I have tried resetting the iPhone and it fixed the problem but only temporarily.

Any definitive suggestions on how to fix this?

iCal to iPhone times screwy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.