Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Default buttons

384 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2008 3:57 PM by baltwo RSS
lkshcvlisjdflbdfpsb Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 22, 2008 12:05 PM
Not quite sure where to post this ?, feel free to move it. I'm looking for a way to change default buttons. Example: I've partitioned my WD external HD, one side is "Time Machine" the other is "My Book". When it's connected, two icons are visible on the desktop. When I want to disconnect the HD, it asks if I want to eject one "Volume" or both, the default (highlighted) button being one volume. Is there a way to change the default button to eject both volumes? I'm guessing this will involve writing a script which I have absolutely no experience doing! Thanks.
MBP, Mac OS X (10.5.1)
  • V.K. Level 9 Level 9 (56,120 points)
    Jun 22, 2008 12:29 PM (in response to lkshcvlisjdflbdfpsb)
    you can not change the default buttons. they are programmed in and their choice depends on the program developer of the program that generates the pupup with those buttons (in this case apple).
    Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.3), Mac Pro 2.66GHz, powerbook G4 1.5GHz
  • baltwo Level 9 Level 9 (59,150 points)
    Jun 22, 2008 3:57 PM (in response to lkshcvlisjdflbdfpsb)
    Try this AppleScript—untested.

ttry
    tell application "Finder" to eject (every disk whose ejectable is true or not local volume is true)
    on error error_message
    tell application (path to frontmost application as text)
    display dialog error_message buttons {"Cancel"} default button 1
    end tell
    end try
    beep 2
    24" iMac 2.8 Core 2 Ext 4 GB RAM/G4 450 MP Gigabit 1.5 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.3), (G4 w/10.5.3/10.4.11/9.2.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.