Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV in iTunes ?

Finally..... after a day of misery got my Airport Extreme to access the Internet. At least I can view Trailers and YouTube!!!!

The only remaining problem I have is that AppleTV does not show in ITunes.... In iTunes Preferences I got Look for aTV ON. In Sharing I got "Look for shared libraries" ON. In System Pref under Firewall I checked "Allow for essential services" (or should it be allow for all incoming?) The ATV manuel states that if Firewall is on one should make sure that Apple TV Sharing is selected in Sharing of Systems Pref. But I don''t see that listed under services???

Anyone know how to get AppleTV to show in ITunes ?

G4, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 22, 2008 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2008 1:51 PM

as i said in your previous thread about the same problem.... turn OFF the firewall and see if it works.
8 replies

Jun 23, 2008 12:35 AM in response to Chenks

Thanks for all your help. It finally works. After the Airport was properly configured -- which took me a while without reading Designing Airport Networks -- I found that the AppleTV only shows in iTunes AFTER you go to aTV and in the settings click on Add iTunes library; then a passcode is provided and aTV pops up under iTunes on the computer. If this had been spelled out somewhere or in this discussion group, I believe lots of people would have saved a lot of time. AppleTV and Airport Extreme and great products but anyone thinking that they simply require to be "plugged in and will play" is in for some surprises. Thanks again.

AppleTV in iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.