Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTLM Support for Safari

Does anyone have any info for NTLM support for Safari for Windows? Our company has recently moved to NTLM authentication for internet access and Internet Explorer works just fine, Firefox required a modification to its config settings, I am trying to get Safari to work. Does anyone know how to configure safari for windows to work with NTLM?

Windows XP

Posted on Jun 23, 2008 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2008 11:13 AM

NTLM is a proprietary Microsloth protocol. Because Safari uses the same network settings as IE, there is no way to modify Safari itself, so if it doesn't work with what Windoze currently has set for its network settings, you'll need to talk to your IT Administrator and have them get rid of this proprietary garbage, or give up.

Mulder
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2008 11:13 AM in response to Daniel Ginther

NTLM is a proprietary Microsloth protocol. Because Safari uses the same network settings as IE, there is no way to modify Safari itself, so if it doesn't work with what Windoze currently has set for its network settings, you'll need to talk to your IT Administrator and have them get rid of this proprietary garbage, or give up.

Mulder

Aug 5, 2008 11:40 AM in response to Daniel Ginther

We are moving to authenticated Internet Web access using proxy servers that rely on directory integration, either Active Directory or LDAP. Directory integration is important to be able to control access based on user, role and or department. Using LDAP the user will be presented with a pop-up login dialog each time they use the browser. We are a large enterprise ( over 30,000 desktops ) and moving to Active Directory ( and Exchange etc ). I had no problem using NTLM with IE and Firefox but Safari does not work.

If Apple does not fix Safari to support NTLM then I will just have to tell our 12 Mac user to use Windows or get Firefox.

What was your solution Daniel?

NTLM Support for Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.