Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Photosmart 7700 Driver

I am trying to connect my macbook to a wireless HP Photosmart 7760 printer but for some reason i cannot find the driver under the printer settings. when i try to download the driver from the hp website it says it is already installed in OS X v10.5.3 (What i have). should i use a different driver, is there another way to get it, or am i just not looking in the right places.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.3), Black

Posted on Jun 23, 2008 9:25 PM

6 replies

Jun 30, 2008 7:32 PM in response to shlem90

colleagues, i have the same problem. seems like a severe conflict between leopard and the preexisting hp scanner driver. check out this address. the fix seems very complicated and i am afraid to install this fix without further guidance from apple. yeah apple says its an hp problem but i think its a mutual problem. apple are you reading?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01396146&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en &product=1832919&lang=en

Aug 22, 2008 12:45 PM in response to baynephron

lol, screw it... I'm just going to buy a card reader and shuttle the files i need printed to the **** printer itself via the memory card slots, ***** but it's better than garbled wasted paper and ink. You'd think that these * would know some people would appreciate a simple thing like updating their **** products software because people don't want to throw away their stupid $400 printer they wasted money on.

<Edited by Moderator>

Aug 22, 2008 1:25 PM in response to Apollo_I3

Does the printer work when you direct connect it to your computer?
Or:

Try resetting the printer drivers.
Then:
Turn off your printer first.
Restart your computer, then turn on the printer.
And then goto add a printer and see what happens.

My wireless HP scans perfectly, I bought the computer first, then the printer.
I made sure to stay away from the stupid ones.....

Message was edited by: Donald Palmer

HP Photosmart 7700 Driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.