Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB headset live monitoring not possible?

I want to try to produce a podcast but I can't monitor live through the headphones of my USB plantronics .audio 510 headset.

I can record it, just can't hear it when I record live. When I go for playback I can hear it.

Set the drivers in GB and set my system sound to input and output USB. Both system audio meters and meters in GB also respond to input visually, but no sound in the headphones of the headset of that input. The headphones do work for system audio though, cause if I change my system volume level the "quack" comes through, as well as any system sounds or alert message sounds, just no sound from the input of the microphone in the headset.

Can't figure this out, seem to remember doing this a LONG time ago with my old G5 tower. But now with the MBP, it's a no-go.

Oh, it DOES work with Audio HiJack pro, but I'd much prefer the audio interface of GB if possible.

Dual 2Ghz G5 (2nd Gen) 2G Ram, Mac OS X (10.4.7)

Posted on Jun 24, 2008 8:57 AM

1 reply

USB headset live monitoring not possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.