I have an iPhone app that runs great on the simulator, and which ran on my phone too, but now (I think since upgrading to beta 7), when I try to deploy to a device, it can't find the GuardMalloc library (libgmalloc.dylib). Under the simulator it can definitely find it, since the console spits out messages like "GuardMalloc: Allocations will be placed on 16 byte boundaries."
I've spent all night trying to figure out how to add this to the path, or set an environment variable, I even rebuilt a fresh XCode app. I'm stumped, and it's driving me crazy. Any help greatly appreciated. Here's the error I'm getting from the console:
warning: Unable to read symbols from "libgmalloc.B.dylib" (not yet mapped into memory). Program loaded. target remote-mobile /tmp/.XcodeGDBRemote-3592-218 Switching to remote protocol mem 0x1000 0x3fffffff cache mem 0x40000000 0xffffffff none mem 0x00000000 0x0fff none sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all run Running… [Switching to thread 10755] [Switching to thread 10755] (gdb) continue dyld: could not load inserted library: /usr/lib/libgmalloc.dylib
Thanks a million, that did it. Turns out that before I realized Guard Malloc didn't work on the device, I'd added an env variable to the executable, trying to get it to. It was picking that up, even though "Run -> Enable Guard Malloc" was unchecked.