Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV unable to connect to iTunes Store or access internet

A few days ago my ATV quit being able to access the internet or iTunes store. I can see the ATV in iTunes and sync photos, music, etc and see stuff in iTunes on my computer to stream. However, I am unable to access trailers or rent or buy movies on iTunes from ATV. In addition, I can not connect to the internet to update the software from ATV 1.0 to ATV 2.x. I have an Airport Extreme and am also using an Airport Express N to extend the network. All else works properly and several computers are able to access the internet wirelessly. Only the ATV is unable to connect. Any help would be appreciated!!

Mac Pro/ Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.3), DOS proficient, Edlin, Debug, Batch files, Windows (yuck) as well

Posted on Jun 25, 2008 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2008 4:32 PM

Are all your devices on the same subnet (do they all have an address that is similar to 192.168.1.x where the first 3 numbers are the same but the last is different in every case. Make sure that the IP for the tv is in a range that works with your router and that ports 80 and 443 are not blocked to the tv.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2008 4:32 PM in response to Gregg Palmer

Are all your devices on the same subnet (do they all have an address that is similar to 192.168.1.x where the first 3 numbers are the same but the last is different in every case. Make sure that the IP for the tv is in a range that works with your router and that ports 80 and 443 are not blocked to the tv.

Apple TV unable to connect to iTunes Store or access internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.