Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync with Motorola RAZR V3

Hi,

I am a new Mac user and want to sync my contacts that I have on my RAZR with my Address Book on my Macbook Pro. Is this possible with iSync or must you have the contacts on your computer and then put them on your phone? I am able to connect via bluetooth to my phone and the iSync application shows that it completed the sync but I can't locate any of my phone contacts on my computer.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.3)

Posted on Jun 25, 2008 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2008 4:38 PM

Since none has yet to respond I will tell you that I have no difficulty using iSync with a RAZRv3... but I initially started with all my info in Address Book and iCal.

With that said... the data synching is crude at best. You get names, phone numbers, email addresses, and calendar events (with alarms). The most disappointing aspect is that contacts with more than one number in AB show up as multiple contacts on the Razr, Groups do not seem to be supported in any way, and Company entries you have will be listed under first and last fields (if you have data there). The only way I have found to work around this is to leave first and last fields blank in company entries (and put that data in the notes field - but of course you won't see notes on the Razr).

-ss
(patiently wait for a non-contract iPhone that supports voice dialing via bluetooth - maybe in a few years)
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2008 4:38 PM in response to marathon851

Since none has yet to respond I will tell you that I have no difficulty using iSync with a RAZRv3... but I initially started with all my info in Address Book and iCal.

With that said... the data synching is crude at best. You get names, phone numbers, email addresses, and calendar events (with alarms). The most disappointing aspect is that contacts with more than one number in AB show up as multiple contacts on the Razr, Groups do not seem to be supported in any way, and Company entries you have will be listed under first and last fields (if you have data there). The only way I have found to work around this is to leave first and last fields blank in company entries (and put that data in the notes field - but of course you won't see notes on the Razr).

-ss
(patiently wait for a non-contract iPhone that supports voice dialing via bluetooth - maybe in a few years)

Jun 30, 2008 5:09 PM in response to marathon851

I remember reading a thread here of one poor sole loosing all but 5 contacts in their AB when attempting this (and did not have a back up)... so be careful. Set iSync's prefs to warn you of ANY changes to your Mac, and making an archive of your current AB contacts couldn't hurt.

But here is a thought... try syncing to an empty Address Book. You can create a new user account on your Mac (which will have an empty AB) and try syncing using it. If it works you could just export the entries to vCard and import them to your current AB.

-ss

Sync with Motorola RAZR V3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.