Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Stalls

When I try to sync my iPhone it stalls trying to sync contacts. It will stay at "syncing contacts" for hours. I've tried powering the phone off/on and restarting my computer. Neither seem to help. So am I forced do to a hard reset now and start from fresh? Please tell me there is an easier way.

My iPhone is using 1.1.3

MacBook Pro 1.83 (7200 HD)/ MacPro 2.66/ mini 1.5Ghz / PBG4 1.25Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Jun 26, 2008 11:42 AM

6 replies

Jun 27, 2008 1:53 PM in response to gdgmacguy

I doubt updating to 1.1.4 will do anything. I've had syncing problems since 1.1.2 (not implying any sort of cause and effect) where calendars and contacts simply choke. If I leave my iPhone syncing for an hour or so it will sometimes complete the sync but not always. I've tried every suggestion under the sun with that has been posted here and elsewhere with no luck.

Cheers,

Don

Jul 8, 2008 6:58 AM in response to Lauren L.

My iphone sync has been broken for a couple of months, hanging at whatever Info tab item I enabled (Contacts, Calendars, Mail Accounts, Web Browser)... and this solution FINALLY helped!! What a dumb problem. 🙂

If your iPhone sync is hanging, try removing the crash reporter files... only the path is wrong above, it's <your home folder>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter.

Syncing Stalls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.