Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced iPod Picture Recover (pro level responses)

Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding some advanced ipod recovery.
Little back story: sisters hd crashed, not backed up but had everything on an ipod. I go to restore the music and successfully pull it off but then when I go to pictures I see that iTunes has conviently done a sync to an empty library. BLAM there went all the pictures. I know in most cases that the data is still there because I haven't written to the device since that happened.
Now when I try to use any utilities (data rescue 2, tunetech) to recover the data they only search for known extensions such as jpg,mp3,mp4 etc.
How can I search and salvage the drive looking for the .ITHMB extension. Maybe a different software is needed...
I have tried boomerang recovery using 5 examples of an ithmb file, however i get over 17gbs and thousands of small files rather than a few 500mb ones. Maybe I need more examples to feed the software.
Thanks for your help!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 26, 2008 8:19 PM

There are no replies.

Advanced iPod Picture Recover (pro level responses)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.