Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVIDIA graphics card or ATI?

Want to change my graphics card from the ATI to an NVIDIA. Read some reviews on the new GeForce 8800GT which is one of the few that we can choose from. Anyone have comments on the card or if there are other options including something better from ATI?

I am an ex PC user and used NIVIDIA over many years - notice the difference in those and what I have now in the MAC PRO - ATI HD2600.

Thanks!

MAC PRO, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Jun 30, 2008 11:34 AM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2008 6:53 PM in response to Zimmer1956

In my past PC life, built many computers and used NVIDIA exclusively. I am not sure NVIDIA supports the MAC worls as much as ATI does?

I looked at the specs on the NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT for the MAC PRO - and considering the ATI HD3870. Don't think I need the 8800 and just looking for an upgrade to the HD2600 installed now - would I notice the difference if I replaced that with the NVIDIA 7300GT? How about the ATI HD3870?

Bottom line, is either company fully supporting the MAC PRO world?

NVIDIA graphics card or ATI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.