9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2008 6:42 AM by LittleJon
DC MBP Level 1 (0 points)
Downloading it now! It's a 87.6 MB Download.

Info here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1994

Message was edited by: DC MBP

Message was edited by: DC MBP

MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.3), Ipod Touch
  • HPM2 Level 2 (155 points)
    Will there be a 10.5.4 combo updater posted by Apple?
  • nerowolfe Level 6 (13,065 points)
    HPM2 wrote:
    Will there be a 10.5.4 combo updater posted by Apple?

Yes, that's what this is all about
    http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1054comboupdate.html

As always:
    It is recommended that you back up your system prior to installing any updates.
    The installation process should not be interrupted, even if the progress bar remains unchanged for several minutes. If a power outage or other interruption occurs during installation, use the standalone installer (see below) from Apple Support Downloads to update.
    You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications installed, or if you've modified the operating system through other means. (This does not apply to normal application software installation.)

Message was edited by: nerowolfe
  • Nicolcom Level 1 (0 points)
    After installing this latest Leopard update,I found out my Mac Intel 2 Core Duo 2.16 Ghz and 2,5 GB ram took 1'08" to shutdown whereas it took 15" before installing the update.

Someone experiencing same shutdown time issues there?
  • busterusaf Level 1 (0 points)
    I found the same issue. I now get my blank desktop with the spinning progress circle. much longer shutdown. lame.
  • ComKomm Level 1 (0 points)
    Haven't installed yet...

I hope my airport will survive this update...
  • Mohamed Ashraf Level 1 (0 points)
    I am getting the exact same thing as you. Does any one know where to read (or to know) what is happening? Is it in the console?
  • LittleJon Level 1 (0 points)
    Anyone still using iDVD 6 under Leopard BEWARE of the update 10.5.4. Message says "6" can't be used.
  • Richard Segedi Level 4 (1,050 points)
    Hello LittleJon

I have iDVD version 6.0.4 and just yesterday used it without problems under 10.5.4. Your situation must involve some other issue. Maybe try a permissions repair?

Rick
  • LittleJon Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks, I'll try repairing permissions. By the way I've discovered in the meantime that my MacBook which I have updated to 10.5.4 at the same time runs iDVD 6 just fine so you're probably right about permissions or some other issue. Also, the Mac G5 which gave me the message on trying to launch iDVD 6 is obviously PowerPC while the MacBook is intel. I'll try the permissions first. Thanks
    John