Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

atv and denon 3806 Denon avr

Can anyone tell me how I connect the atv to my denon 3806 avr with an hdmi cable. There are 3 hdmi outlets on my receiver but I can't get it all to work. The atv works connected directly to my sony lcd tv, but the sound is through the tv and not very good. I'd like to listen to my music and watch movies with surround sound.

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.4.10), iPhone, iPod

Posted on Jul 2, 2008 10:20 PM

15 replies

Jul 5, 2008 11:09 PM in response to helene goldberg1

Thanks everyone. It turned out that I had the wrong hdmi input assigned. It works fine now with just a hdmi connection. I wonder if the optical cable would improve the music though. Will it make a difference. I hate changing anything since I spent 2.5 days trying to get everything working. (I hate the Denon manual and remote. Only an engineer could love or use it.)

Jul 6, 2008 9:55 PM in response to jotz

Thanks. So you have one too (Denon avr). I have fantasies of strangling the tech writer and designer of the remote. I am more than happy not to change anything for a while. Every time I do anything, no matter how simple, I screw it up and spend hours trying to figure out how to get it back again. I will never buy another Denon product. I don't care how many good reviews they get, or how good it sounds when it's finally hooked up, I think they are a bunch of sadists. And the manual is totally useless. And there is no number for tech support that I've ever found. The receiver is a total nightmare, even though it is working fine now. (after 3 days of torture.)

atv and denon 3806 Denon avr

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.